Saturday, February 17, 2007
Saturday February 17, 2007 11:04 am
My body’s really cryin’ for help this morning….big time. I got up at 8:30 and it’s taking me forever to get showered and dressed. My chest feels like someone’s leaning on it….not too bad but not comfortable either. I take a shower, then lay down. Walk from the bathroom to the bedroom, and lay down. Walk to the drawer to get my underwear….lay down. Go to the bathroom to comb my hair….lay down. If I move two feet I’m winded. And I’m dizzy. So I lay on the bed again face down and talk to my body….”Listen, when we get back to Jersey I PROMISE I’ll take care of you, okay? I promise…I promise. We’ll get that stress test. I’m sorry I had to cancel it for Monday. You’ve got to keep going for me, o.k.? C’mon- you’ve come this far….you can make it till March, right?” and my body says, “Maybe you should go to the Emergency Room- we’re in the right place,” and I say “We’ll never get any respect in the emergency room- besides, we’ll wind up picking up some nasty shit from all the other sick people and then we’ll be worse off than we are NOW. How about I just take a baby aspirin?” And my body says, “Well, you’d better do SOMETHING for me because I’m getting tired of you pushing me around. You think this is like a video game and where someone shoots your ass and you just re-spawn? I don’t think so.” So I took a baby aspirin. Just keep taking deeeeep breaths.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment