Sunday, April 29, 2007

Sunday April 29, 2007 5:38 PM

Jim seems to be back to his normal self...neglecting everything else that needs to get done in favor of putzing with his computer. And every time I ask him to do something I get this...."I can't bring down the laundry, I have a PEG tube! I can't take out the garbage, I have a PEG tube!" Yup. He's back to normal. Thank God for Lexapro. Or not? No, I'm glad he's got his personality back. Why I really don't know.

As for me, thank God I've got a cardiologist appointment next week because this Atenolol is dropping my blood pressure way too low. Yesterday it was 105/50, and that was after two cups of coffee, a decongestant, and a cigarette. It's really embarassing when you keep feeling like you're going to pass out. During Dale Carnegie class on Friday we had to stand up and have a conversation with a partner and after about a minute I really had to sit down. My poor partner ran to find me water. At the break I told the instructor, "Listen...if you ask us to stand up and you see me sitting, I mean no disrespect. I just don't want to keel over." I could stop the beta-blocker but you're really not supposed to stop those things cold turkey. Jim suggested I take one pill every other day instead of every day. I've only got 8 more days to go before I go back to Deborah. I think I'm just going to stick it out until then and let them see me in my low-pressure state and they can figure out to do with my meds situation then. In the meantime I'm smart enough to know when I need to sit down. I'm so exhausted though. It's really a struggle to get out of bed in the morning.

No comments: