There's something definitely wrong with Jim and it can't be just a simple bug, because bugs don't last this long. He's still running to the bathroom a dozen or more times a day. He went to the regular doctor in town, who wasn't much good, but she did order bloodwork and some tests. Yes- he had to provide samples. Mmmm mmmm. She suggested that maybe he's lactose intolerant. He tried going off the Cipro and eating a lactose-free diet, but that hasn't helped. She also recommended he see a gastroenterologist. Now, I had made an appointment for myself with one out of Thomas Jefferson University for July 2nd, but I guess I'll give up my appointment and let him take it. What he's going through sure seems like inflammatory bowel disease. And one of the blood tests the doctor ordered was an ANA test, which stands for autonucleic antibodies. So she's suspecting some type of auto-immune problem also. Inflammatory bowel disease is thought to be an auto-immune disorder. That basically means that your immune system has turned on itself. It's fighting your own tissues. I've had that problem for twenty years, so at least I'm familiar with this one. Here's my guess of what's wrong with him. I think he caught a bug, and instead of shaking it, it triggered some kind of auto-immune response. And I'm sure all his surgeries and his strange diet hasn't helped the situation. I'm SURE Jim's going to have to go for a colonoscopy. Ha ha ha. Oh, I've had many of those and just LOVE them.
In the meantime the poor guy's got to get through the day so I gave him my Cipro to keep taking, and that's been helping him quite a bit. He's been able to resume eating some stuff and he looks much better. I mean, they tell you to go see a specialist but how do they expect you to function until then? Leave it to Dr. Pam.
This Wednesday we're supposed to go to Waco TX to my cousin's wedding. There will be a lot of Frey's there that I've never met. I had booked the trip last month when Jim was starting to do better, but now I'm second-guessing because I don't want him running to the airplane bathroom ten times. I offered to just go by myself with Jimmy, but Jim insists on coming. So we'll see what happens.
Monday, June 18, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment