Tomorrow is Jim's surgery. Nick and Judy are coming over early in the morning to get Jimmy on the bus for the first day of school, and Jim and I are heading to Philadelphia. Dr. Spiegel is going to stretch Jim's throat and add more collagen to his larynx. Jim's not nervous, but I am a little. After all, our luck has been just wonderful this past year, right? I never take anything for granted anymore. Dr. Spiegel says that this surgery has helped 85 percent of his patients, and it hasn't ever made anyone worse, so we'll see. Every time Jim eats he's gagging and choking now. Wouldn't it be nice if that went away?
And if the timing just couldn't get any better...I've got a horrible abscess in my tooth and need between one and three root canals. One's a definite. Dr. Drain's not sure about the other two yet. Tuesday morning I woke up looking like Marlon Brando in the Godfather, but only on one side of my face. It's spread into my sinuses now, and even though I'm taking antibiotics they're not helping very much. So I see the specialist on Monday. I couldn't go any earlier because Jim's got his issues.
Oh, and we still didn't win the Mega Millions.
Jim also wanted me to let everyone know that he spent two days this past weekend cleaning out and organizing our garage. He installed shelves and a cabinet and bike hooks...the whole nine years. Now I can get my car in there. He'll be reminding me of it for the next two years.
I just thought I'd mention this too. A lot of Jim's doctors have made the assumption that he's not back to work yet. Man- if that were the case we would have been up the creek by now. All he needs is his mouth to talk and his eyes to see and his hands to type....that's it. Oh, and his brain to think...yeah- forgot about that. So if anyone's wondering...yes- he's working.
So wish him luck tomorrow. He's been waiting for this for a long time.
Wednesday, September 5, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment