Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Tuesday October 30, 2007 9:36 PM

Jim saw Beth on Thursday and she liked what she saw. He can open his mouth up into the normal range now...well- the low end of normal, but normal. However, she doesn't recommend he start therapy again until he has his new teeth. And before he starts his first therapy visit he'll need to have another barium swallow study done. If he gets the teeth pulled next week and has to wait for his new teeth to be ready, and our insurance winds up changing January 1st, I don't know what's going to happen with therapy. I don't want him approved through Aetna for 60 days and then he can't finish. I guess we'll have to cross that bridge when we come to it.

On Friday night I heard from Dr. Kozuch about my bacterial overgrowth test. I also asked her about my fungal infection because it's back. She's stumped as to why this keeps happening to me. In the meantime, she prescribed more Diflucan and an antibiotic. I take the Diflucan first, then when that's done start the antibiotic. I tried to fill the prescription for the antibiotic and it has to be pre-approved. So much for that. Good luck getting the pharmacy and Aetna and Dr. Kozuch to all connect. I still haven't heard back about it. I guess I'll try to call Kozuch again tomorrow.

Jim saw Useless Sobel yesterday and got his approval for his surgery next week. Jim told me it was a total joke...he was in there for five minutes. He had to trek all the way to Philly for that. But at least it's done and he can get these teeth over with. What he has in there now is just GONE and he's missing so many it's interfering with his ability to talk.

No comments: