Monday, January 7, 2008

Monday January 7, 2008 10:20 PM

Ah well....Jim still has no teeth. He saw Dr. Vanni on Friday and all the guy did was the "bite test" and there was no trying on of teeth yet. Apparently they need to do this bite test so they get the upper and lower dentures lined up to match your bite, otherwise they won't fit properly. Normally I would have grilled Dr. Vanni for more details the last time we were there, but since we're no longer talking about a matter of life or death, I'm too tired. I figure this guy is a prosthodontic specialist and he knows what he's doing. WHATEVER. Vanni says Jim should have a set of teeth to try on in about a month's time. Jim goes back the last week of January. The bite test revealed that Jim has one heck of an overbite, but I guess it's too late for braces now...ha ha ha. Hey, at least we're saving money on toothpaste.

I've got to now check with Horizon Blue Cross on what we need to do to get Jim in for more Vital Stim therapy. He's noticed some deterioration with his swallowing now that he's gone so long with no teeth. It's such an ugly "chicken or the egg" type scenario that we're in the middle of. Needs the swallow therapy...needs the teeth first...the teeth are taking forever...what to do? Absolutely nothing. I really wish Vanni would hurry this shit along. Can't he see that Jim's a little different case than the average Joe who needs teeth? He can't have therapy without getting teeth first, but his swallowing is deteriorating while we're waiting. Jim says he promises to tell me if things are really getting bad, but that's bullshit. He would let his problem go on forever and tell me about it after it's all over...this would be him a year from now..."Gee, I really couldn't swallow at all for awhile there so I'm so glad this is all over now," and I'd be totally pissed that he kept that a secret from me.

So here's another one of Jim's creations. This is how he feels with no teeth...REDNECK JIM.

No comments: