Sunday, January 27, 2008

Sunday January 27, 2008 6:00 PM

Jim and I have one theme of the last three weeks: EXHAUSTED. We've been switching off nights and weekends at Miele. Friday night I got home at 2 a.m. It was very dangerous for me to be on the road. I was actually seeing double. I had to drive with one hand over an eye so I would only see ONE set of lines and ONE set of cars ahead of me. God only knows what my driving would have looked like had a cop seen me. But then things would have gotten interesting because I would have flunked walking the straight line but blown a zero on a breathalyser. I actually pulled off the road and took a half-hour nap, but it didn't help.

This wiring in the building was supposed to be finished by LAST weekend, but the crew ran into some supply problems, so here we are. Since they were supposed to be finised, Jim and I had made babysitting arrangements for Jimmy for Saturday night (yesterday) and we were planning on going to my friend Brie's house for game night. Yeah, it's just a bunch of adults hanging around planning Scene It and Scattergories, but it would have been the first night Jim and I had been out together in about a year and a half, and I really wanted to go as a couple and not by myself. But the wiring guys wanted to work late last night and there was only going to be people in the Miele building from 10 a.m. till about 4 p.m., so I was going to cancel my plans, which really had me very upset. The wiring guys had wanted to finish up on Saturday so they could fly home to Illinois today...after all, they've been away from their families for three weeks too, but the wiring crew told me not to cancel my plans. They know Jim's tumor story and they felt bad for me, so they extended their trip. Jim's up at Miele since 10 a.m. today and will be there until about midnight. I told him if he's too tired he should see if his brother Nicky is home and spend the night there. I don't want him almost getting into an accident like I did Friday night. I doubt he'll listen to me, though. I know I wouldn't listen. I'd much rather sleep in my own bed, so I'll take chances.

So we did go to Brie's, but we were both very tired. We slept right through Jimmy's karate class Saturday morning so he missed it, but he'll live.

Turns out Jim's appointment with Vanni was not on January 23, but on Jan 28th, so maybe tomorrow he'll get teeth.

No comments: