This thyroid pill has helped me in many ways, i.e. my knees stopped hurting almost right away, my scalp is moister, I don't get sweats and crash if I don't eat, my hair texture is improving, I don't need moisturizer on my face, my zits are starting to clear, when Aunt Flo came to town she didn't kick my ass (yeah....I know the guys won't want to hear that but it's a symptom...gotta mention it) but it's not doing much for my energy level and it ain't doin' jack shit for my weight. A friend of mine has this and had noticed a huge uptick to his energy after he started the medication, but he's on synthetic thyroid and I'm on pig thyroid....I guess my medicine will have to be tweaked a little. I go back to the endocrinologist in mid-July. In the meantime, after trying the meds for about three weeks I started taking two of the pills in the a.m. instead of one. This has cranked up my energy level somewhat. I actually went out digging up grass for a new flower bed on the side of the house. It was in the 90's though, and I started sweating my ass off, so I quit. But I would have never felt strong enough to even attempt that a month ago.
I cured my bronchitis by myself. The meds cocktail worked like a charm. Who needs stinking doctors? Not me. This week I go back to Deborah Heart and Lung for another echocardiogram to check if my heart damage has been kept in check by the beta-blockers. The plan was to wait 12 months and re-test, so now it's 12 months. They won't tell me anything when I'm there for the test. They make you come back about a week later to talk to the doctor. What a zoo that place is. You wait an hour to get called for your insurance info, then wait again to be called to the triage desk, then wait to be called for your test. I could be there all day. But they accept as full payment whatever your insurance pays out, so it's free to you with no co-pays. I guess it's worth waiting in that respect.
Jim was supposed to get three CAT scans to re-check his neck. Dr. Horowitz got them precertified, and the pre-cert expired in May. He never scheduled the scans. I had been getting sick of scheduling all his appointments and pointing him in the right direction, so I wanted him to do it. After all, he's a big boy. But he didn't. Maybe he deep down he doesn't want to know what they say, or maybe he isn't worried at all so he doesn't think they're important. Anyway....who knows what's going on in his head. But I refuse to call Horowitz' office to ask them to re certify the scans. I had tried to get an appointment with her to talk about my thyroid, and her office flunkies were extremely rude to me and would not schedule me, so they are the last people on earth I want to speak to right now. They can all go kiss my ass. Jim is going to have to do this one on his own.
Jim can't get used to his lower dentures because they keep rubbing on his scar tissue on the inside of his chin. Vanni said that Decidua will have to uncover the implants and put posts in them so that the dentures can finally get "installed" permanently, which should overcome his rubbing problem. Jim made that appointment himself and he goes this Thursday. I can't come with him because I have a phone cut-over for our Keasbey office scheduled for that day. Decidua is a great guy, but you have to go through his layers of residents, who are all idiots. Jim will just have to get adamant with them. We'll see what happens.
Sunday, June 15, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment