Friday, March 30, 2007

Friday March 30, 2007 10:20 PM

Well, the dude is sprung....AGAIN. Let's hope he stays out this time. I had brought Jimmy by for a visit and the doctor just happened to be there doing his rounds, and Jim got to go home. Jim's still a little congested and is still coughing, but nothing like before.

Now for an outrageous story...Jim's pulmonary guy gives him a few prescriptions to go home with: one for a drug that will make him less queasy after he uses his liquid food in his stomach tube so he can get more calories into him, two for a couple different kinds of nebulizer treatments, and one antibiotic. The one he was sent home with from Lahey wasn't cutting it. I get to CVS, and get the "this antibiotic isn't covered by your insurance" bit. Now here's the good part...a ten-day supply of this stuff is $1600. Yeah- you saw that right: $1600. As in sixteen-hundred dollars. Well, these chicks are looking at me like do I still want it. I told them, "Which would YOU choose...to spend sixteen hundred dollars or be a widow?" I mean, that's a no-brainer. But BOY- I've got to get to the bottom of THAT one. I'm guessing maybe it needs to be pre-certified or something, but come hell or high water I'm finding a way to get that money back. Maybe I'll hang out in the Aetna employee parking lot and snatch purses.

No comments: