After a lot of cajoling I actually got Jim into the shower this morning, but we was very reluctant about it. I can't understand why someone who hasn't bathed in 6 weeks wouldn't be DYING to get clean. The man is miserable, miserable, miserable. I told him if he doesn't start focusing on the fact that he's not dead and he's going home tomorrow I'm going to drop his ass off at the hospital again. He had such a good attitude while he was an inpatient. Now that he's out I thought he would brighten up, but no. Insted of fucusing in on what he CAN do he just focuses on what he can't, and he has zero joy in life. I'm hoping that by the time we get home and he sees his own house and Jimmy it might help to lift that, but if not, I'm taking him to the shrink with me. He needs some help, and I'm not equipped to give it to him. He also needs to make himself useful in some way.
His first therapy appointment is next Thursday, so maybe that will help. Maybe he'll feel like he's making some progress working toward having a normal life again. Jimmy's second Little League practice is tomorrow night. My step-father has been attending the meetings and took him to the first practice. Maybe I can get Jim to go to that so he can realize how devastating it would have been to Jimmmy if he hadn't made it.
Sunday, March 25, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment