We're heading back to Massachusetts tomorrow for Jim's follow-up appointments on Wednesday...one with infectious disease and one with the ENT department. I'm also getting my roots done at 6pm tomorrow at the place that colored my hair while Jim was in the hospital.
I spoke with Jim's ENT nurse today and I told them, look- Jim had TWO psych consults while he was hospitalized and both recommended he be on anti-depressants, yet we were not sent home with any. I didn't push it when we left because Jim had a good attitude, but that attitude lasted about 2 hours. I can't get him into a shrink in NJ until early May, and we're desperate. He needs something NOW. So after a lot of going back and forth they're going to send him home with a script for Lexapro. THANK GOD! Let's hope it works. He went to therapy today and actually did some work this afternoon, but the look on his face is just sad, sad, sad. He needs chemical help to get through it.
As for me, I'm exhausted. I can't even afford to get sick because who will take care of everybody? I stopped by Polito's house tonight to bring him some PDA's and felt like I was going to pass out in his foyer. That's not good.
Monday, April 9, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Pam,
The Lexapro works like a charm. It takes about 2 to 4 weeks to kick in. Please don't kill Jim in the interim.
I have been on it a little over a year now and can handle just about everything that used to set off bouts of depression.Tell Jim if he doesn't get his act together I'll fire his ass. OOPS! I forgot I haven't been his boss for over a year now. Maybe it wasn't the Lexapro after all.
Hang in there.
Post a Comment