Jimmy's 24-hr urine test came back negative, so that's good news. Now I just have to get him and Jim into a geneticist to see if they can 1) identify a defective gene in Jim and 2) see if Jimmy also carries the gene. If Jimmy does, then we'll have to be on high alert. If not, we can breathe easier.
Jim still has no teeth. I'm running out of things I can cook that can be eaten with no teeth, and can be eaten by someone with reduced swallowing ability. There's only so much you can do with crumbled hamburger meat. I'm dying for a steak. We haven't had steak since February. Jim says he noticed his swallowing ability has improved, but that doesn't do him much good now that he can't chew.
I forgot to mention something in the last post. I had called Dr. Vanni's office a few weeks ago....Dr. Vanni is the guy who's supposed to make the teeth. His nurse had told me to make an appointment for Jim after his tooth pulling surgery, so I called to do that. I got some other twit on the phone who said that Dr. Vanni wouldn't put teeth in Jim's mouth for four to six MONTHS. I told her, bullshit...the guy's supposed to be toothless for four to six months? I don't think so. Then the twit asked, "How many teeth did your husband have pulled?" I said, "ALL OF THEM!" Duh. Then she put me on hold for a couple of minutes and said, "Ok. Come in December 6th." So that's tomorrow. Oh, and I'm definitely going with him to THIS appointment. My chain-yanking tolerance is wearing thin. And I'm not going away. Now, there's been a LOT of instances in this whole ordeal that we've had to get ugly with these doctors. And that simple fact is a damn shame. People shouldn't have to go through this crap to get helped.
And now that the swelling is down you can see that Jim's gums are sewn up with more stitches than a Sumo wrestler's goofy undies. The stitches are starting to flop all over the place. Dr. Vanni better take them out tomorrow. Worst case scenario, I've got a seam ripper from Walmart that should do the job.
Wednesday, December 5, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment