Sunday, March 9, 2008

Sunday March 9th 2008 8:00 PM

Nothing much new. Jim doesn't go back to Vanni until the 17th. Even then, if things go well with the wax model, it will be another month from that date until Jim goes for his first try on with the dentures. I don't know of ANYONE with dentures where it took five months to get the damn teeth. Jim was originally going to have to just wear them as regular dentures until the implants were in for six months. At this rate the implants can be finished off by the time he gets the dentures.

In the meantime, I ate one of my teeth off with my corn flakes. It was the first molar on the top left that I had had a root canal done on about six months ago, and I had never gone for the post and crown, so it was my own damn fault. But I looked like a piney. I made an appointment with Dr. Drain a few days after it happened. Her staff member told me I was due for a cleaning too. I said, if you guys want to clean them while I'm there, that's fine, but I need this tooth fixed, if it CAN be fixed. I show up to the appointment and they tell me Dr. Drain's in surgery and can;t look at my tooth. I was PISSED. I started raving....What did you book me for this time for, then? I made it VERY clear that the broken tooth was the reason for my coming in! And Dr. Drain's husband, who's the office manager, starts ragging on me why I haven't come in for my veneers across the front yet. I said, "I told you guys last summer that I was not doing the veneers. My husband needs too much work for me to spend money on something cosmetic!" So they gave me an appointment for March 18th. No way in hell was I waiting until March 18th with this gaping hole in my mouth. SO I called Vanni's office and they could take me the following week. My appointment with Vanni was this past Tuesday, and luckily I had broken the tooth in a good way, if there can be such a thing. He was able to put a temporary crown on and he took impressions for a permanent one that I go back for at the end of the month.

Of course, every time I complained about my Piney tooth Jim keeps ribbing me. I can't complain about my one missing tooth while he's missing all of them.

No comments: