We had another trip to Dr. Vanni today to try on the wax model. I can tell Jim was getting anxious about it because he's had trouble sleeping the past few nights. Well, what was the verdict? Mmmmmmmm......well......
The top teeth looked much better than the last time. We told Vanni to go ahead and make the dentures- I just don't think they're going to get any better. Here's the problem: Most people have some level of overbite. So here's a little experiment I want everyone to try....take your lower teeth and push them forward until they're lined up exactly with your upper teeth. Now look at yourself in the mirror. You look kind of stupid, right? It just doesn't look natural. THAT'S the problem with these dentures that Vanni made. At Jim's first try-on I asked Vanni why he had corrected SO MUCH on Jim's overbite. Vanni said it was because of the position that Decidua had put the lower implants in. O.k....I can buy that. Today Vanni says that if he pushed the lowers back any further that Jim wouldn't be able to chew. Well, that's bullshit. Everyone has some sort of an overbite and we can all chew. Jim and I are hoping that down the road Vanni will either adjust them, or finally decide that the implants should be placed differently. Would Jim need another surgery to re-position them? Yeah, sure. But we'll worry about that when the time comes. In the meantime we just can't complain anymore because it won't get us anywhere.
Jim goes back in three weeks. In the beginning Vanni just wants him to wear the uppers until he gets used to them, and later on he'll wear the lowers as well. Vanni had put in a temporary post and crown for me when I broke a tooth a couple of weeks ago and I'm supposed to go back for the permanent crown next week. I wonder what the hell kind of a big monstrosity he's going to put in MY mouth? Maybe a replica of stonehenge?
As for me, I've been feeling pretty lousy. I put on ten pounds in a very short period of time and can't shake it. On top of that, I'm queasy all the time, exhausted, my brain is in a fog, and just had blood work done to check my thyroid and some other metabolic stuff. My triglycerides are through the roof, which either means my triglycerides are just through the roof, or I could be hypothyroid or insulin-resistant. I can't get in to see an endocrinologist until early April. Oh well. I'll live. I always do.
Monday, March 17, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment