Thursday, March 20, 2008

Thursday March 20, 2008 11:00 PM

Here I was all proud of myself that I actually sat down before April to go through my income tax deductions and get them ready for the accountant. I was going to get it all out in the mail tomorrow and everything....then I see that I can get all my bank statement information online except the records for my home equity line of credit that I used for about 10K of Jim's tooth work. Great. So I call the bank and ask, "What's up with that? I don't keep the paper statements! I thought I could get everything online!" and they say, "NO WAY, JOSE- you can get everything BUT the home equity account records online...we'll have to mail them to you." So much for being ready. All I can say is, we've got MEGA deductions for last year. Know how much just the parking was at the Lahey Clinic garage? $336.00. I think all the medical deductions are going to add up to the equivalent of some people's average yearly incomes.

Jim didn't want me to mention this, but since when do I listen? I think his staph infection is back so I'm going to have to get him back in to the infectious disease specialist at Thomas Jefferson. He's got what looks like folliculitis all over the front of his chest and on his back. I filled the prescription that doctor Belden gave him awhile ago for some ointment that he's supposed to stick up his nose everyday, and he's also tried rubbing the ointment on these boils, but he'd better get in to see her anyway. It's always something. You just can't win. But before anyone panics about being around him, unless you touch his folliculitis you won't be in any danger, and I don't think anyone is going to touch his folliculitis. I don't know for sure it's his staph back, but that's a common sign so I guess we'd better find out. Staph is present in a large portion of the population, and Dr. Belden said that once you've contracted it, it's almost impossible to eradicate from your body permanently.

We got more solicitations from Lahey Clinic for donations. Ha ha ha. Did they get Jim's tumor out? Yeah. But we didn't appreciate the MRSA infection and the c-diff very much. My digestive system still isn't 100 percent back to normal from that one.

Saturday night we've got tickets for Wanda Sykes at the Borgata in Atlantic City. My step-sister from Idaho was asking me if Jim minds going out with no teeth. Her husband just had to get all his teeth pulled and is waiting for his dentures, and the man is miserable right now and won't leave the house. I told her that Jim's had no teeth for so long it's almost become the new norm for him.

So we've hit another Easter. Now that we're a year out of Hell Year I can't help but compare where we were this time last year. Jim still had his feeding tube then and we couldn't have Easter dinner. We're not doing much this year, but my brother-in-law is staying over Saturday night to watch Jimmy (Nicky has no kids and has never babysat before, so who will be watching who I wonder?) and it will just be the four of us on Easter Sunday. Jimmy says he wants chicken. Jim can get it down if he sloshes it with ketchup or barbeque sauce, so chicken it is.

No comments: