When I called LabCorp's customer service line the other day to see if my 24-hour urine test was done, they told me yes, and it had been faxed over to McAndrew's office the day before. I asked if they could send me a copy of the test results. They don't send them to you unless you ask. Hey, I paid for them, or at least insurance did, so I'm entitled. They said they would pop them in the mail to me.
McAndrew's nurse called yesterday to say that my test was back and everything was normal. But today I get the actual test results in the mail, and in the section that spits out the numbers, those numbers ARE in the normal range; however, the results also say that the acid level in my urine was too high for an accurate measurement and I need to re-test. Now, McAndrew's nurse said nothing about that, and what do you want to bet they didn't even read the whole paper. Now, I had wanted the actual results, instead of just taking what the nurse said as gospel, because if it's any repeat of how they handled my thyroid tests they don't know squat. I had had my thyroid test done several times, and the TSH kept rising, which was significant coupled with the fact that I had thyroid anti-bodies, hence Hashimoto's, which McAndrew didn't bother to check for. I'd at least like to run these tests again in a few months to see if the numbers are climbing. Or maybe McAndrew deems them normal, but how close to the "line" are they? Since the results say I have to re-test, I'll just ask my endocrinologist to order them again. I'm due to go back in about a month. In the meantime that might give me enough time to see if the combination of vitamin D and my thyroid meds starts to give me some relief. Maybe I'll get lucky. But then this leads to another question....why is my urine too acidic? Just another question to try and get the answer to.
Sunday, October 12, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment