Sunday, December 21, 2008

Sunday December 21, 2008 7:49 PM

So the big question? They didn't find any cancer in my biopsy. Now, Dr. Church Lady didn't call me. I had to call her. Deep down my gut feeling was that I didn't have cancer, but then again, Jim and I never thought his tumor would be as serious as it was either, so I don't trust my gut anymore. Going what we've gone through has made me always expect the worst now, which is a helluva way to live. So Dr. Church Lady said she wants to do another test...something with the word "hydro" in it, and it involves shooting water into your uterus and taking a picture. I apparently have to pre-medicate with anti-biotics, and then Dr. Church Lady threw in...."and maybe a Tylenol." Wait....I said...is this test going to be as painful as the last one? (I figure, if she's even acknowledging "Tylenol" there must be some pain involved) and she says, "Oh no...just some cramping." Yeah, RIGHT. That's what she said about the last test and it felt like they had a string tied to my insides and were trying to pull them out. She was supposed to have her nurse call me and book it, but that never happened, so I'll hold off to call them back until after the first of the year. Jim has to work all this week and I'd have no one to take me anyway. Plus I have WAY too much stuff to do before Christmas. I need an extra two days.

I went for a shrink visit last week, and I'll tell you....my shrink is a way better doctor than my doctor. I update him on what the endocrinologist in White Plains had to say, and I bitch that I'm still fat. I tell him what I'm eating, and he says that most likely I've put myself into starvation mode. Since the body thinks there's a food emergency it's going to do all it can not to let the fat go. He suggests a B12 supplement and folic acid, and gives me instructions on exactly how much to take, and tells me to cut the pills in half and take them twice a day, or else I'll just be peeing all the vitamins out. I'm willing to try anything. In spite of taking the thyroid pills, which are supposed to increase my energy levels, I still feel like a wet noodle.

Jim went back to Dr. Vanni and got handed a bill for another $2500. We're in hurry-up-and-wait mode again. Tonight he ate something and had it stuck in his throat for a couple of hours. Jimmy and I are used to Daddy coughing stuff up into the sink on a fairly regular basis.

No comments: