Went to see Dr. Marshall about two weeks ago. The weight has been starting to creep back up, but it's still lower than when I started out. Dr. Marshall didn't like that I was still having mud-butt, so he switched me to extended-release Metformin, and three times a day instead of two. He also said my TSH is still too low, so he downed my synthroid dose again.
About a week after I took the lower synthroid dose, my ass was starting to drag. I mean, really DRAG. I couldn't even sit down and watch t.v. without falling asleep. I never agreed with the idea of Marshall lowering my synthroid. I had just started feeling better with the higher dose, and now he's lowering me based on my TSH figures. That started me wondering...can metformin do anything to your TSH levels? So I ran into an article from one of the endocrinology journals which came to the conclusion that metformin can cause your labs to register an artificially low TSH level without it really being low, but more study is needed. Now, you have to watch some of these articles on the web....many are written by crackpots who think you can cure cancer with vitamins...not something I'd ever try if I had cancer...but this was from a real medical journal...so I called Marshall's office. Marshall congratulated me on finding the article...said he knows one of the guys who wrote it, but it doesn't apply to me because of my T4 readings or some such crap. He suggested adding T3 along with my T4 that I'm already taking. He says some people need to have both. He asked me if I had ever felt o.k. on the Armour thyroid I used to take, because that has T4 and T3, and I told him, no...I never felt o.k. on the Armour. But we're going to try the T3 anyway. The only problem is, it takes four to six weeks for you to notice any difference. Well, I've been fat and feeling crappy for over a year now...what's another four to six weeks? I'll try anything. Marshall said if I started to have a lot of nervous energy to call him. Ha! I am SO far away from having nervous energy, I doubt that will happen.
Then Walgreens gave me grief about filling the prescription. Marshall faxed it in on a Monday. Walgreens never filled it. Finally on Thursday I saw that it was listed on my on-line prescription file on Walgreen's website, so I thought I could pick it up. I go there and they tell me that they don't have it ready because they have a call in to the doctor to "verify" the prescription. What's THAT bullshit about? Dr. Marshall's receptionist called me on Thursday afternoon to tell me the story about how Walgreens was so weird over this T3. They couldn't understand why Marshall would prescribe T3 and T4, and wanted to know if Marshall would recall my existing T4 prescription. They told Walgreens no, I need to take BOTH. Now, it's not like this was some controlled substance...it's thyroid hormone, for Christ sake! And it's not typical for people to take both, but not unheard of either, so what the hell is the big deal? Finally on Thursday night I was able to pick it up. We'll see what happens. Oh, and the extended release metformin was supposed to stop the mud-butt, but it hasn't. I still have it. But I don't care....bring it on! I can take it.
Jim goes back to Dr. New Teeth Guy the third week of the month. I got the letter I requested from Dr. New Guy describing what's wrong with Jim's existing dentures that Vanni made, but Dr. New Guy didn't go quite far enough for me to file a small claims case. He says in the letter that the lower dentures were all wrong to be used with a bar to connect to implants, but he didn't mention how the top dentures were "out" and didn't fit properly. I've got to get him to write another letter. In the meantime, I'm going through my records to tally up exactly how much we paid to Vanni over the last two years so I know what our damages are.
Sunday, April 5, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment