Saturday, February 21, 2009

Saturday February 21, 2009 1:32 PM

As of this morning, I'm down eight pounds. I don't see it yet....I still have meatloaf on my waist and I don't think my clothes are fitting any differently, but the number on the scale is the number on the scale. So Dr. Marshall was right....my problem must be insulin resistance. Now here's my bitch for the day: If you Google "insulin resistance", everything out there will talk about how being fat makes you insulin resistant, and to avoid insulin resistance you should just "lose weight and exercise". Well people, that's bullshit. Insulin resistance is what MAKES you fat to begin with, and you CAN'T lose weight. If a thousand-calorie-a-day diet didn't do it for me, then NOTHING was going to do it for me except metformin. It boils down to a widespread prejudice against fat people. They are seen as second-class citizens. Never mind discrimination against race or sex or economic status or smokers or people who still wear mullets...I think discrimination against fat people is the most rampant kind of discrimination. Why don't we organize the million-fat-people march? Are some people fat because they pack away too much McDonalds? Sure. But I don't think all fat people are fat because of what they eat.

As for Jim, he's going to Dr. New Guy on Wednesday to have two more small implants put in his lower jaw. The implants he has now are all clustered in the front. Dr. New Guy wants to have a better anchor for the teeth on the bottom by adding two further out...one on the left and one on the right. After that, Jim's got to heal three to four months before any more work can be done.

No comments: