Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Tuesday February 27, 2007 11:18 PM

This afternoon Jim wasn't very lucid- he was sleeping most of the time. But tonight he was awake and talking (very raspily) and looked great. The story I get is that they're just waiting for a bed to open up in a regular ward and then they'll get him out of the ICU. The nurse he had tonight was fabulous. Sharon Lessard...what a sweatheart.

I found out what happened when he coded, and let me tell you....some heads are gonna roll tomorrow. I knew something had happened because the night of his surgery he was communicating, albeit groggily, about something that happened with one of the nurses up there. I was able to figure out that it was an issue with one nurse, and knew there'd be a story once he came to. I had talked to Dr. Jewell's nurse the other day and told her this, and she was very, very interested to know what happened and told me to call her as soon as I found out. It turns out that Saturday morning, he starts bleeding out of his mouth. He rang the call bell. The nurse was very non-chalant about it and DID NOT COME. He waited there bleeding out of his mouth until someone finally got their butt in there. He told me it was the "Russian" chick. Oh...I'm gonna have her ass if it's the last thing I do. Jim also told me tonight that Dr. Jewell wants me to come see him, so I'm going to check if he's in his office tomorrow when they open up. The only thing I'm worried about is maybe the pathology report is back and the tumor was cancerous. I know that's beyond rare, but possible. Well, I won't let my mind race until I know for sure what he wants. Maybe he's got the tumor pictures he promised me. Or maybe he's agreed to take me on as a cardiology consult, because that's his department also and I've been calling all over that place trying to get an appointment. We'll see. I hope it's good news. I just hate it when someone says they want to see you but don't say what it's about. That drives me insane.

And another warning to everyone...Jim's now become one of those radical ex-smokers who preaches to everyone about how bad it is. When he gets back to work and sees any of you on the loading dock, get ready for an earful.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Finally, some good news. Listen to Jim about smoking. You can save your life and a few thousand bucks as well.
We're still praying for you guys.

Fran