Well, the poor guy still didn't get out of here, but it had nothing to do with him or his condition. There were a lot of orders to be written...for his food, supplies, follow-ups, etc., and his doctor was in surgery all day and didn't get it all done.
Since I thought this afternoon that he WAS getting out, I packed up same clothes for him, then I was planning on dropping off packages at the UPS store for Miele stuff going out, was going to stop at the drugstore to get my prescription for beta blockers filled, pick up some gauze and other supplies that I'm going to need for Jim, then head to the hospital and wait for them to discharge him. I left the hotel and went to the UPS store, then realized I had forgotten to take my meds this morning. I thought, no problem, the bottle's in my purse, I'll take it now. Then I realize that no- the bottle's back at the hotel in the drawer. Now I had to go back and take my meds, then I headed out to CVS. I get to CVS and realize my prescription is back at the hotel, so now I turn around AGAIN and go get my script. I'm losing my mind. As I write this I realize my beta blockers are out in the truck so now I've got to go get those.
I went up to the hospital to see Jim and after awhile the nurse told us to forget it...he's not getting out today. Maybe Saturday or at the worst, Sunday. So we'll see. I ran into a woman here who said when her mother was discharged she got a call at 6:30 a.m. to come and get her, and they didn't get out until 11:00 p.m. That better not happen to us.
If he gets out tomorrow I may not leave until Monday to go back to NJ. It depends on how he feels. We'll just have to play it by ear and go one day at a time.
Friday, March 23, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment