Saturday, March 24, 2007

Saturday March 24, 2007 9:46 PM

He got sprung today, after many, many hours of waiting. But then we had to go to CVS and wait 40 minutes for all his meds, so he sat in the car. I had to hear the usual guff from Aetna via the CVS employees.....some of his meds might not be covered....they have to be pre-certified...blah, blah, blah. I told the woman, look, I don't care if it's covered or NOT...the man needs his meds. Just fill them regardless. In the end I don't know what she was making such a big deal about...the most expensive prescription was around $64. Big deal.

So we finally got back to the hotel around 4 o'clock. We're staying here tomorrow because the visiting nurse is coming to inspect his feeding tube, then we'll head home Monday. I think the man needs one full day of rest before hitting the car for a 6 hour drive. I really don't like the way he sounds, either...he's hacking like someone with bronchitis and spitting out a lot of crap. I keep looking at him sideways and he keeps insisting that he's fine....if he felt bad he would tell me....and I told him, no you wouldn't tell me, because you don't want to go back to that hospital. But he was coughing like that for the last several weeks in the hospital and he doesn't have any fever so apparently no one except me seems to think it's a big deal.

And the man who said he loves me and would die for me still won't take a shower for me. Maybe tomorrow. I've got to go hang outside now because I can't smoke around him anymore.

No comments: