Sunday, January 20, 2008

Sunday January 20, 2008 11:40 a.m.

Yes, I haven't posted in awhile. Jim and I have been busy. I have a team of people working in the Miele building in Princeton rewiring for CAT5 for the new phone system, and I've been asked to be there to babysit them while they're working late at night and on the weekends. These guys are working twelve hours or more per day plus Saturdays and Sundays. Jim and I have been alternating days to be there, but we're both exhausted. The other day I put my milk in the pantry and my cereal in the refrigerator. Go figure. Luckily I realized what I had done before too much time went by. So don't ask me anything complicated for awhile because God only knows what kind of answer you're going to get out of me. And I'm definitely allergic to something in that building. Last Saturday by around 7 pm I started to wheeze. I don't carry my asthma inhalers with me because my asthma is very slight and I don't need to use them, but from then on I always have them in my purse. And by the time I go home around 9 or 10 pm my sinuses are so bad I'm honking and blowing. I've already been on three allergy medicines a day, but I just switched my Allegra to Zrytec. That's been helping a little, but the switch to Zyrtec knocks you on your ass for about a week until your body gets used to it, so that's definitely not helping my exhaustion factor one bit.

I've decided I'm going to taper off my Lexapro. I had a problem with alocpecia (hair loss) a couple of years back, but the hair started to grow back in over the last year. Now the hair is falling out again and I've read that Lexapro can cause this problem. My face is also starting to look old. I'm way too vain to have this stuff happen to me, so screw the post-traumatic stress. I'll be more stressed if I look horrible, so bye-bye Lexapro. I've also put a few pounds on that I can't shake. I tried on a pair of pants last week that I hadn't worn in six months. They used to be big on me. They weren't big anymore. I started back on weight watchers counting my points. I'd go down two pounds, up one, down one, up two. My shrink told me that the average person on Lexapro puts on 2.5 pounds per year. I'm not having it. I'd rather be thin.

Jim goes back to Dr. Vanni on Wednesday. That guy had better have teeth ready for him by then. I'm going to blast his ass if he doesn't. Jim is not the typical guy waiting for his dentures. As he waits, his swallowing deteriorates. He's coughing more. I can't have this. Can't Vanni understand this? After all, Jim's teeth got pulled November 5th. It's almost February for Christ sake! Let's go already!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Pam,

Don't give up on the Lexapro. It is wortyh it's weight in gold. I hav been on it for 2 years and it completely turned ny life around. Stress, depression? Fuck it, "What me worry?" Hange in there.

Fran