Sunday, February 1, 2009

Sunday February 1, 2008 11:56 AM

I started taking the metformin on Wednesday. Before I did it, I called my ex, who has type 2 diabetes, and asked if he had ever taken the drug. As soon as I said I was on it, he says, "So you have diabetes, then?" No, not yet. If I had untreated diabetes I'd be losing weight. I'm not that lucky. So he's on the drug, too, and said, "yeah...you'll get diarrhea, but it will eventually go away." At the first dose I had a little snap, crackle, pop going on my gut, and about once a day now I have what feels like battery acid coming out of my butt, but I can handle it. It's nowhere near the level of what I went through with inflammatory bowel disease. I'm down four pounds so far, but I think that's just from the diarrhea. If I can keep it off after the diarrhea stops, that will be the real test. At least if I can keep from putting on any MORE weight and my body actually responds to dieting, then I'll be somewhat pleased. I'll be even MORE pleased if I can shed these twenty pounds, but I think I might even be happy with ten. Time will tell.

I called Dr. Vanni's office the other day, and MAN....they were so NASTY to me on the phone. I talked with one chick who barked at me..."We called you and left a message in November that your husband's work wouldn't be covered." I said, "You didn't call ME in November..." and she said, "We called you in November of 2007." I said, "This is 2009! We have different insurance now. All I'm asking you to do is do a predetermination of benefits!" She sniped, "The implants aren't covered." I said, "He already HAS the implants. They've been in for fourteen months. We're waiting for the bar to be put in the lower dentures so he can wear them." She said, "That's usually not covered." I said, "Usually not covered is not the same thing as not covered, now is it?" She said, "We'll put it through and call you back when it's done" and hung up on me. What a nasty little twit! So I decided to check out another prosthlodontic specialist. I mean, if we're going to hemorrhage money, can't it at least be with someone who's NICE to us? So Jim has an consultation scheduled for next Thursday with a guy right here in Voorhees. We'll see how it goes. If Jim likes him, I can't WAIT to call Vanni's office and tell them to go f--- themselves.

No comments: