Monday, March 5, 2007

Monday March 5, 2007 9:00 PM

First, here's the update on Jim. He's the same. He claims that the gazillion anti-biotics he's getting aren't making him feel any better, plus now he's also developed some kind of fungus, so they added another antibiotic for that. I can't get the nurses to tell me anything and his doctor never returned my call tonight, so I don't know if that's just Jim's perception of how he's doing or if it's real. I have a feeling he's going to have to get the broncoscopy they've been talking about. But they've at least been able to reduce the amount of oxygen he's getting, so it can't be all gloom and doom.

As for me, this medication they gave me has made me swing WAY over to the other side. I am so depressed it's not funny. I just can't see any end of this in sight and I'm in a big, black hole right now. To top it off, my shrink's office called to cancel my appointment today because the shrink was sick. I told her secretary that I'm really depressed...can't someone else see me today? But those people have nothing but the sound of the ocean between their ears, so it's no use. So I paged Dr. Frank. She told me to discontinue the meds until I get into the shrink's office and see what they say. My only fear is that if the shrink went home sick today I'm guessing she probably won't be in for my 8:30 appt tomorrow, either. Dr. Frank told me to call her if that happens and she'll make sure I get in. I've been getting what work done that I can but I know a few of you have e-mailed about how Jim and I are doing. I just don't have the energy to answer. No offense to anyone. I've just got to find a way to get out of this hole.

No comments: