Went to see Jim this afternoon and he looked SO much better. He's not getting all of the antibiotics at once now- just one at a time. Still on four of them, though. They took him down for a chest x-ray to see if his lungs are improving, but I don't know the results of that because the nurses knew nothing and the doctor never returned my page today. But the fact that you can SEE he's getting better and he's more interested in his dvd's and things I brought into the room for him tells a story on it's own. We sat and watched tv for awhile, like the old married couple we USED to be and then we took a little walk around the floor of the ward. They were talking about giving him a swallowing test today but decided to postpone it. To do the swallowing test you have to "cough" the food away from your windpipe and swallow, and since he's still coughing from the pneumonia they were afraid a test might send him into a coughing fit and he'd aspirate again and aggravate the situation. They may do the test tomorrow if he's coughing less. But he was less agitated and seemed more like himself.
Before I left the hotel this afternoon to see him my reports from Deborah Heart and Lung arrived...just in time for my cardiology appointment tomorrow..so of course I read them. Get this: The patient is a MIDDLE AGED, thin white woman....Ok- I like the thin part, but MIDDLE AGED? Boy, that made me feel great. It also indicated that I have missed heartbeats. I knew that because I can feel them. It's like little "doodleoops" in my chest, and they don't hurt, but it makes you stop and say, "What the hell was THAT?"
And I'm being a good girl and taking my bi-polar meds. One thing I've noticed, and maybe it's just a coincidence....since I started the medicine I have NO stomach trouble. Well, I hope that keeps up.
So Tawanda arrived today and tonight we went to dinner, then saw Jim. So the three of us are sitting there talking. I got up and was trying to turn on a lamp and broke the thing, so I went out to the nurses' station to tell them about my "oops". A nurses' aide came in while I was gone and asked Jim if Tawanda was his daughter. Of course, that cracked everybody up.
I'll be working in the a.m. and then have to get to my appointment by 1:30, so if you need me, leave a voicemail and I'll get to you when I'm done.
Wednesday, March 7, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment